What is a youth artist membership?
The youth artist membership is a new and exciting opportunity to provide young artists the opportunity to become a part of a community of artists and performers while also enjoying many of the same great benefits that the Standard Artist Membership provides. All young artists, performers, or poets in elementary, middle, or high school seeking to exhibit or perform their artistic medium are encouraged to join, whether you are a hobbyist looking to share your talents, are just beginning to explore the art world, or anyone and everyone in between.
Am I an artist?
Of course! At Gallery X we recognize that everyone is an artist with their own individual talents, skills, and interpretations of their medium. Our membership includes traditional visual artists creating in nearly every medium (painting, printmaking, photography, ceramics, jewelry, sculpture, etc) as well as musicians, poets, actors, and improv comedians.
How do I join?
Unlike the Standard Artist Membership, the Youth Artist Membership does not require an applicant attend a gallery meeting to be formally nominated and voted in. Simply fill out an application and bring in a few examples of your work during gallery hours. Applications and work samples may also be emailed to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
(all artists K-12)
*Memberships run 12 months from the month joined.
Scholarships/financial assistance may be available.
Youth Member Benefits
- Submit artwork to all Gallery X sponsored exhibitions free of charge.
- Discounted commission rate. Gallery X members are subject to a 25% commission on works sold (non-members are subject to a 35% commission).
- Opportunities for free small group exhibitions.
- Gain valuable gallery and curatorial experience.
- Be part of a community of artists and creatives working in a plethora of media and styles.
- Permanent representation in the gallery store, Something Xtra.
- 10% discount on all Gallery X purchases.
- 50% discount on event or exhibition rentals.
- Profile on the Gallery X Members’ page on our website. (coming soon)
Gallery X promotes a mission of cultural outreach through community partnerships, programming, and monthly art exhibits to stimulate artistic awareness in New Bedford and the surrounding communities. We offer a platform for artists, performers, and creatives of all ages, skill levels, and backgrounds a safe, professional space to showcase their talents. Gallery X does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnic background, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religious beliefs.