Call for Art!
Submission Dates: July 10 through July 25, 2022
On View: July 27 through August 28, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 30 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, August 11 (5-8:00pm)
At Gallery X we have a lot to celebrate this summer, not only is this our 33rd year of showcasing contemporary art and music in New Bedford, but our home is undergoing several restoration projects, the most obvious being the new exterior paint. We hope you’ll help us celebrate by making this year’s annual open call, anything goes, community art exhibition, the Public Hanging, our best to date.
PH 33 is an open call exhibition, any work of art, any theme, all artists! There is no theme or style requirement for work to be shown, all artists are invited to submit any of their work for inclusion. The Public Hanging is the chance for community artists of all backgrounds to join with Gallery X artist members to exhibit any work they’ve produced without it needing to fit to an overall theme or motif.
This exhibition is open to submissions from all artists working in any medium. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning July 10. The deadline for submissions is Monday, July 25. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist will fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 7 pieces for $50, maximum 7 pieces per artist. GX members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging attachments (wire, sawtooth hanger, etc.). Pedestals are available for sculptures, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X handles all sales and retains a 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
Artwork can be submitted to the Virtual Exhibition by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Public Hanging 33 in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Gallery X virtual exhibitions are made possible through a grant from
the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, of the SouthCoast Community Foundation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.