Submissions begin June 8!
Call for Art!
Submission Dates: June 8 through June 19, 2022
On View: June 22 through July 24, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 2 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, July 14 (5-8:00pm)
Land Ho!…For this exhibition we are seeking artwork depicting or inspired by local or regional (New England) landmarks. What is a landmark? Is it man-made or a natural feature in the landscape? Is it a place of historical importance? A building? A river? A monument? That windswept tree at Fort Phoenix? For the purpose of this exhibition we leave that up to the interpretation of the artist!
This exhibition is open to submissions from artists working in any medium. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning June 8. The deadline for submissions is Sunday, June 19. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist will fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 5 pieces for $40. GX members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptures, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X handles all sales and retains a 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
Artwork can be submitted to the Virtual Exhibition by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Land Ho! in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Gallery X virtual exhibitions are made possible through a grant from
the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, of the SouthCoast Community Foundation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.