Call for Art!
Submission Dates: August 17 through August 29, 2022
On View: August 31 through October 2, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, September 3 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, September 8 (5-8:00pm)
Celebrate the animals we love with Gallery X’s next exhibition, Four Legged Friends! For this exhibition we are seeking artwork depicting or inspired by our animal friends. While the show may be called Four Legged Friends you are free to include any animal, regardless of leg count, from no legged snakes to 8 legged spiders. Maybe your animal friend is your pet on the couch, or the birds in your yard, maybe they live on the farm you pass each day, whatever the case may be we hope this theme inspires you to create beautiful and exciting work.
We encourage exhibiting artists to consider making a donation or pledging a portion of the sale of their work during Four Legged Friends to their favorite animal shelter or rescue!
This exhibition is open to submissions from all artists working in any medium. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning August 17. The deadline for submissions is Monday, August 29. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist will fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 5 pieces for $50. GX members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging attachments (wire, sawtooth hanger, etc.). Pedestals are available for sculptures, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X handles all sales and retains a 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
• All in-gallery submissions will be photographed and included in the Virtual Exhibition here on our website where they will be viewable and shop-able!
Not local? Can’t make it into the gallery? Submit your work for inclusion in the Virtual Exhibition!
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon. Non-member work subject to 35% commission on works sold, 25% commission collected on member work.
Artwork can be submitted to the Virtual Exhibition by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Four Legged Friends in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Looking for some inspiration? Take a look at some pet and animal themed works from previous exhibitions.
Gallery X virtual exhibitions are made possible through a grant from
the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, of the SouthCoast Community Foundation.