Call for Art!
Submission Dates: July 17 through August 1, 2021
On View: August 4 through September 5, 2021
Opening Reception: Saturday, August 7 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, August 12 (5-8:00pm)
Link to online exhibition: Coming Soon…
Come celebrate 30 (+1) years of showcasing contemporary art in New Bedford this August with our 32nd Annual Public Hanging, an open call community art exhibition. There is no theme or style requirement for work to be shown, all artists are invited to submit any of their work for inclusion. The Public Hanging is the chance for community artists of all backgrounds to join with Gallery X artist members to exhibit any work they’ve produced without needing to fit to an overall theme or motif. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning July 17. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, August 1. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist must fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 7 pieces for $50, maximum 7 pieces per artist. Members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptural, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
To submit work to be included in the virtual portion of the exhibition use the Virtual Submission Form.
Artwork can also be submitted by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Public Hanging 32 in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
You must be logged in to post a comment.