Call for Art!
Submission Dates: November 19 through November 28, 2022
On View: November 30 through December 31, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 3 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, December 8 (5-8:00pm)
Celebrate the holidays and gift-giving season by showcasing your favorite works of art in Gallery X-Mas, an open call community art exhibition. There is no theme or style requirement for work to be shown, all artists are invited to submit any of their work for inclusion. Gallery X-Mas is a “cash & carry” show, meaning work is taken by the buyer as it is purchased to help facilitate gift-giving, artists will be notified of sales and can replace sold work with a new piece for no additional charge. This is a great chance for community artists of all backgrounds to exhibit any work they’ve produced without needing to fit to an overall theme or motif. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning November 19. Deadline for submissions is Monday, November 28. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist must fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 5 pieces for $40. GX members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be ready to hang and include proper hanging attachments (wire, sawtooth hanger, etc.). Pedestals are available for sculptures, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X will handle all sales and retains 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
• Artists may replace any works that sell throughout the month for no additional fee.