CALL FOR ART
Flora & Fauna and Primarily Colors
As a result of the statewide shutdown due to Covid-19 Gallery X is reorganizing our scheduled open exhibitions for April and May into one big month of virtual exhibitions! Flora & Fauna and Primarily Colors will run simultaneously here on our website viewable 24/7. For a sample of how our virtual shows run check out The Art of Lisa Goulart, a fantastic show of watercolor and acrylic paintings by Gallery X member Lisa Goulart. We have also decided to reduce submission fees temporarily for these virtual exhibitions, non-members will pay a reduced rate of $5 per piece submitted.
May 15, 2020
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com
Both virtual shows are non-juried, all artists are welcome and encouraged to submit work capturing the themes:
For Flora & Fauna we are seeking artworks that celebrate nature and all its wonder and beauty including showcasing the plants and animals that inhabit the world around us!
For Primarily Colors we seek work that explores colors, particularly the primary ones (red, blue, and yellow) in the starring role! The complete interpretation is up to you, the artist.
- The cost of submissions is $5 per piece for non-members, members may submit work for FREE. Non-members may submit up to 3 works for each theme.
- Sales: Gallery X will handle all sales and will retain 35% commission on any sale made by a non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold.
- Dates: The work submitted for either virtual show will be posted to the online exhibition as it is submitted, but all work must be received by the end of the day on May 15 to be included. All work submitted will be viewable on our site and online shop for a minimum of 30 days.
- Media: We accept submissions of all forms of media; sculpture, paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, drawing, etc.
- Electronic Entries: All entries must be submitted electronically to GalleryXSubmissions@gmail.com. There is no registration form – please send your images and information via email. We ask that all images be sent in JPG format, if submitting jewelry, sculpture, or other 3D work multiple images may be submitted for one piece. Along with the image(s) be sure to include in the body of the email:
- Your name as it should appear
- Your mailing address and phone number
- Title of work
- Year created
- Medium/Materials Used
- Dimensions in inches (WxH for 2D) or (LxWxH for 3D)
- Price (if for sale)
- How it is presented–please indicate if the piece is framed, mounted, matted, loose print, stretched canvas, etc.
Once your submission is received you will be contacted via email confirming your submission and receive a link to pay the submission fee online or you may call the gallery to pay with a credit/debit card by phone.
The artist is asked to hold on to the physical work and will be contacted by the gallery if it sells to arrange shipping/delivery/pickup.
Special Thanks to our members and supporters