Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or other times by appointment from
November 15 through November 29.
While the holiday season may feel a little different this year it’s no reason to not put on a great end of the year exhibition that not only displays local art and culture, but also promotes shopping local and supporting artists and small businesses. We suggest smaller pieces as this is a “cash and carry” show aimed at the shopping season, meaning works are taken by shoppers as they are sold, however, works of all sizes and themes are accepted. Artist’s will be notified as their work sells and can swap in a new piece to take its place at no additional fee! There is no limit to the number of submissions an artist can enter!
After submitting work be sure to remind your friends and family to #giftDNB
While this exhibition will be hung in the gallery for in-person viewing
it will be entirely viewable, here, on our website as well.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com
This is a non-juried show, all artists are welcome and encouraged to submit work,
regardless of theme or subject matter.
If you are an artist or creator we want YOU in this show.
- In-Person Fees: Submission fees are $10 per piece, 3 for $25, or 5 for $40 for non-members, members may submit work for FREE. All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for three dimensional works. No limit on number of works submitted!
- Virtual Submission Fees: Live out of state or prefer contactless exhibitions and submissions? Artists may submit work at $5 a piece by email that will be viewable online without needing to bring the physical piece to the gallery. Instructions below.
- Sales: Gallery X will handle all sales and will retain 35% commission on any sale made by a non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold.
- Viewing Dates: On view from Saturday, December 5 through Sunday, December 27.
- Opening Reception: Saturday, December 5. Due to current protocols and restrictions there will be no food or drink served, all in attendance must wear masks and remain properly distanced, and our capacity is reduced.
- Gallery Hours: Currently the Gallery is open Saturdays and Sundays from 12-3pm, with other days and times available by appointment.
- Media: We accept submissions of all forms of media; sculpture, paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, drawing, etc.
Online Only Submission Instructions:
To submit work to be included online only please email a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Gallery X-Mas in the subject line. Please include in the email:
- Your name as it should appear on the site
- Phone number
- Title of piece
- Dimension of piece (width x height in inches)
- Media used
- Price (if for sale)
- How it is presented (framed, mounted, etc.)
- You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online or you may pay the submission fee over the phone.
Please respect Gallery X and wear face masks when visiting.
For more information please contact 508 992 2675 • GalleryXNB@gmail.com
Gallery X is located at 169 William St.,
New Bedford, MA
Special Thanks to the Island Foundation as well as our members and supporters.