A revised version of original postcard created for Public Hanging 3, 1992.
A Public Hanging
The 31st Annual Open Exhibition Art Show
It is that time of year already, time for Gallery X’s annual open community art exhibit. No themes, no prerequisites, all are welcomed and encouraged to submit their works.
If you are an artist or creator we want YOU in this show.
Help us celebrate our 30th Birthday. Gallery X opened its doors August 25, 1990, since then we have had nearly 400 shows and events, restored our 1855 historic church building, and are planning for our next 30 years.
Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or other times by appointment until August 7.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com
This is a non-juried show, all artists are welcome and encouraged to submit work of their choosing,
there is no theme or prerequisite.
- In-Person Fees: Submission fees are $10 per piece, 3 for $25, or 5 for $40 for non-members, members may submit work for FREE. All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for three dimensional works.
- Virtual Submission Fees: Live out of state or prefer contactless exhibitions and submissions? Artists may submit work at $5 a piece by email that will be viewable online without needing to bring the physical piece to the gallery. Instructions below.
- Sales: Gallery X will handle all sales and will retain 35% commission on any sale made by a non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold.
- Viewing Dates: On view from Saturday, August 8 through Sunday, September 6.
- Opening Reception: Due to current protocols and restrictions the Gallery will not be holding a formal reception for the Public Hanging, in its place we will be open extended hours (12-4pm) on Saturday, August 8 and Saturday, September 5.
- Gallery Hours: Currently the Gallery is open Saturdays and Sundays from 12-3pm, with other days and times available by appointment.
- Media: We accept submissions of all forms of media; sculpture, paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, drawing, etc.
Online Only Submission Instructions:
To submit work to be included online only please email a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Public Hanging in the subject line. Please include in the email:
- Your name as it should appear on the site
- Phone number
- Title of piece
- Dimension of piece (width x height in inches)
- Media used
- Price if for sale
- How it is presented (framed, mounted, etc.)
- You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online or you may pay the submission fee over the phone.
Please respect Gallery X and wear face masks when visiting.
For more information please contact 508 992 2675 • GalleryXNB@gmail.com
Gallery X is located at 169 William St.,
New Bedford, MA
Special Thanks to our members and supporters