Call for Art!
Submission Dates: January 19 through January 30, 2022
On View: February 2 through March 6, 2022
Opening Reception: Saturday, February 12 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, February 10 (5-9:00pm)
New year, new art! Fresh Art: New Worx, is an open call community art exhibition of newly created works by artists working in any medium. There is no theme or style requirement for work to be shown, all artists are invited to submit any of their work completed since October 1, 2021 for inclusion. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning January 19. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, January 30. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist must fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece or 5 pieces for $35 maximum 5 pieces per artist. Members submit work for free!
• Work completed since October 1, 2021.
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptural, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
Artwork can be submitted to the Virtual Exhibition by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Fresh Art in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Gallery X virtual exhibitions are made possible through a grant from
the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, of the SouthCoast Community Foundation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.