Now Accepting Submissions
Call for Art!
Submission Dates: September 22 through October 3, 2021
On View: November 17 through November 28, 2021
Opening Reception: Saturday, December 4 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, December 9 (5-8:00pm)
Celebrate the holidays and gift-giving season by showcasing your favorite works of art in Gallery X-Mas, an open call community art exhibition. There is no theme or style requirement for work to be shown, all artists are invited to submit any of their work for inclusion. Gallery X-Mas is a “cash & carry” show, meaning work is taken by the buyer as it is purchased to help facilitate gift-giving, artists will be notified of sales and can replace sold work with a new piece for no additional charge. This is a great chance for community artists of all backgrounds to exhibit any work they’ve produced without needing to fit to an overall theme or motif. Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning November 17. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, November 28. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist must fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 pieces for $25, or 7 pieces for $50, maximum 7 pieces per artist. Members submit work for free!
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptural, three dimensional work, or jewelry.
• Gallery X will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
• Artists may replace any works that sell throughout the month for no additional fee. Replacement works may not be included in the virtual exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition, Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
Artwork can be submitted to the Virtual Exhibition by emailing a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Gallery X-Mas in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Gallery X virtual exhibitions are made possible through a grant from
the SouthCoast Emergency Response Fund, of the SouthCoast Community Foundation.