Now On View!
Call for Art!
Submission Dates: September 22 through October 3, 2021
On View: October 6 through October 31, 2021
Opening Reception: Saturday, October 9 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, October 14 (5-8:00pm)
Gallery X invites you to submit artwork for Urban X-Ploration, an exhibition inspired by the urban landscape. While traditional landscapes focus on the natural aspects of the world around us, urban exploration focuses on the manmade; structures and what may be found inside them. Being October artists are welcome (but not required) to submit work that focuses on the gritty, dark, or spooky elements found when eXploring a city.
For those interested more on urban exploration as a genre are encouraged to check out:
– New York Times: Urban Explorers Give Modern Ruins a Second Life
– Frank Grace – Trig Photography
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Artists must fill out a submission slip for each piece they are submitting. Slips available in gallery.
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece, 3 for $25, or 5 for $40, maximum 5 pieces per artist. Free for members.
• Artists of all levels and working in any medium are welcome to submit.
• To be hung all work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptural or three dimensional work.
• Gallery X handles all sales and retains 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold.
• Any unsold work can be picked up at the conclusion of the show on October 31. Due to limited storage capacity we ask that all work be picked up within 1 week of the close of the show.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece, Free for members.
• Gallery X will will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
To submit work to be included in the virtual portion of the exhibition please email a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with Urban X-Ploration in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).