There’s still time for virtual submissions!
Call for Art!
Submission Dates: June 16 through June 27, 2021
On View: June 30 through August 1, 2021
Opening Reception: Saturday, July 3 (5-8:00pm)
Aha! Night: Thursday, July 8 (5-8:00pm)
Closing Reception/Herman Melville’s Birthday: Sunday, August 1 (3-5:00pm)
Link to online exhibition: View the online exhibition here!
Work may be submitted during Gallery hours or by appointment beginning June 16. Deadline for submissions is Sunday, June 27. When submissions are brought to Gallery X the artist must fill out a submission slip with basic contact and labeling information.
For this exhibition we are seeking works of art inspired by, or related to Herman Melville’s epic, Moby-Dick, whaling, whales, or seafaring. Works related to the ocean will also be accepted.
Moby-Dick inspired sculptures will also be exhibited in the garden of The Whalehouse, Herman Melville’s sister’s home, at 100 Madison (SW corner of Orchard St.)
For more information contact the curator, Charles Hauck at email@example.com
While this exhibition will be hung in Gallery X for in-person viewing it will also be entirely viewable, here, on our website. Please send any questions to GalleryXNB@gmail.com.
This is a non-juried show, all artists and media are welcome.
In-Person Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $10 per piece or 5 pieces for $35, maximum 5 pieces per artist
• Maximum 3’x3′ size limit
• All forms of media are accepted; paintings, photography, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, etc.
• All work must be wall ready and include proper hanging hardware. Pedestals are available for sculptural or three dimensional work.
• Gallery X will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
Virtual (Online Only) Submission Guidelines and Info
• Submission Fees (for non-members): $5 per piece.
• Gallery X will will handle all sales and retain 35% commission on any sale made by non-members. Members are subject to 25% commission on works sold. Works do not have to be for sale to be included in the exhibition.
• For any sale of work from the online only portion of the exhibition Gallery X will coordinate with the buyer and artist to have worked shipped and/or picked up as agreed upon.
To submit work to be included in the virtual portion of the exhibition please email a photo of the piece or pieces being submitted (multiple views can be sent for 3D work) to GalleryXNB@gmail.com with The Moby Show in the subject line. Please include the following information:
• Your name as it should appear on the site
• Phone number
• Title of piece
• Dimensions of piece (width x height in inches)
• Medium/media used
• Price (if for sale)
• How it is presented (framed, mounted, stretched canvas, etc.)
You will then be emailed a link to pay the submission fee online (fee may also be paid over the phone).
Special thanks to the Island Foundation & Schrafft Charitable Trust